Coastal County Snapshots turn complex data into easy-to-understand stories, complete with charts and graphs. Users select a coastal county of interest and the website does the rest, providing information that can help communities become more resilient to coastal hazards. Local officials can use the snapshots as a planning tool to assess their county’s resilience to flooding and understand the benefits provided by natural resources.
The handouts generated by the snapshots can be a helpful educational tool when working with governing bodies and citizen groups.
- Assesses a county’s exposure and resilience to flooding
- Analyzes a county’s dependence on the ocean or Great Lakes for a healthy economy
- Examines the benefits a county receives from its wetlands
- Compares counties to each other or for regional analysis
- Allows users to download a PDF report for the snapshot of their choice
View a recorded webinar to learn more about the Coastal County Snapshots.